News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/5/2017 2:41:00 PM to 12/14/2017 4:07:29 PM.
Posted on: October 5, 2017
[ARCHIVED] Nominate a Home Festively Decorated for the Season
The City of Jacksonville Environmental and Appearance Advisory Committee (JEAAC) invites you to nominate a festively decorated house in your neighborhood, or your own house, for our Holiday Home Decorating Contest! It’s a fun and friendly competition the entire family and neighborhood will enjoy.Click HERE to nominate a home!
Contest entries are currently being sought for Halloween decorations. We will also be looking for Thanksgiving and Christmas entries.
One winner for each holiday category (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) will receive a special yard sign, commemorative award, and recognition during a City Council meeting. All entries will be judged on the basis of theme/design, creativity, and participation.
Entries will be featured on the Jacksonville North Carolina Government social media pages and on G10TV.
Voting will be open to the public with final decisions made by JEAAC members. Social media response and judges' scores will determine the winners, which will be announced on the City’s Facebook page.
Contest participants may have photographs and/or video taken of their home for promotional purposes, but contact information and other personal information will not be publicized.
- Deadline for all entries is December 13
- Nominated residence must be located within the City of Jacksonville
- The contest is limited to residential buildings only; no businesses
- Amateur decorations only; no professional assistance
- People and/or live animals are not allowed to be part of the display
- The contest is limited to what can be seen from the street view of the house