The New Bridge Street infrastructure and streetscape improvement project
November, 2023 Update: As we move into the next phase of the streetscape project , City crews are working to minimize impact to downtown businesses. Customers will have continued access to local businesses and only partial lane closures are expected.
What's Next for the project:
On November 6th, expect a lane closure from Warlick to just past Huerth Street (Charles Riggs office to just before Boomtown Furniture) to replace stormwater lines.
- November 13 expect a lane closure from Bayshore to Warlick to replace a section of water line and test pressure for certification.
- Crews are finalizing the testing and certification of the new water line.
- Once certified, they will start switching over all water services to the new water line.
- Sidewalk demolition will begin in front of businesses.
- Temporary ABC rock will be installed temporarily for pedestrians until new sidewalks are poured.
Water Line Install and Testing delay Information - Military and Federal, the Contractor for the New Bridge Streetscape Project will be removing and replacing approximately 500 ft of water line from the intersection of Bayshore and Warlick Street on the Johnson Drug side starting November 13th. This additional project step is being taken to certify pressure testing of water line after some leakage was not able to be thoroughly identified after repairs were made. Laying the new lines will take approximately one week.
Overall project improvements include water, stormwater, sidewalks with ADA ramps, street lighting, landscaping, medians, delivery areas, and removing overhead power. The area under construction is New Bridge Street from Johnson Blvd to Warlick Street. Expected completion date is September, 2024.