The New Bridge Street infrastructure and streetscape improvement project
November, 2023 Update: As we move into the next phase of the streetscape project , City crews are working to minimize impact to downtown businesses. Customers will have continued access to local businesses and only partial lane closures or brief lane closures are expected.
Overall improvements include water, stormwater, sidewalks with ADA ramps, street lighting, landscaping, medians, delivery areas, and removing overhead power. The area under
construction is New Bridge Street from Johnson Blvd to Warlick Street. Expected completion date is September, 2024.
What's Next for the project:
- Beginning Monday, November 6th, a lane closure will be in place from Warlick to just past Huerth Street (Charles Riggs office to just before Boomtown Furniture).
- Crews are finalizing the testing and certification of the new water line.
- Once certified, they will start switching over all water services to the new water line.
- Stormwater lines will be replaced
- Sidewalk demolition will begin in front of businesses.
- Temporary ABC rock will be installed temporarily for pedestrians until new sidewalks are poured.