The New Bridge Street infrastructure and streetscape improvement project
Your City is working to make Jacksonville a better place to work, live and play. The New Bridge Street infrastructure and streetscape improvements will include a variety of improvements; water, stormwater, sidewalks with ADA ramps, street lighting, landscaping, medians, delivery areas, and removing overhead power.
The goal of this project is to improve infrastructure, reduce flooding, and achieve a beautiful corridor where neighborhood businesses can thrive and people feel welcomed. Expected completion date in September, 2024.
City crews are working to minimize impact to downtown businesses. Customers will have continued access to local businesses and only partial lane closures or brief lane closures are expected.
October - December, 2023:
- Crews are finalizing the testing and certification of the new water line.
- Once certified, they will start switching over all water services to the new water line.
- Stormwater lines will be replaced.
- Beginning Monday, November 6th, a lane closure will be in place from Warlick to just past Huerth Street (Charles Riggs office to just before Boomtown Furniture).
- Crews will begin replacement of storm drain pipes.
- Sidewalk demolition will begin in front of businesses. Temporary ABC rock will be installed temporarily for pedestrians until new sidewalks are poured.