However you plan to participate in Halloween this year, we urge you to do it with safety for all in mind. Be sure to exercise caution during the hours of trick-or-treat whether you are participating or traveling the roadways.
Jacksonville Police request the cooperation of Citizens by limiting the hours of trick-or-treat to 5-8:30 PM on Sunday, October 31, 2021.
Jacksonville Public Safety offers these additional safety tips:
- A costume mask over a protective cloth mask can be dangerous if the costume mask makes it difficult to breathe. Instead, consider using a Halloween-themed cloth mask.
- Practice social distancing, wear cloth masks, and use hand sanitizer.
- Wear light-colored clothing, short enough to prevent tripping.
- Carry a flashlight and add reflectors to costumes and clothing.
- Ensure you can see well through facemasks.
- Accompany young children on Halloween activities.
- Stay within your neighborhood and only visit homes you know.
- Watch carefully for traffic.
- Only give or accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Examine “treats” before allowing children to enjoy them.
- Golf carts are not allowed on City streets and sidewalks.
- Motorists should be especially cautious to prevent injury to participants.