Playgrounds Closed, Parks and Trails Open
As part of the Governor’s Stay-at-Home Executive Order, all playgrounds are closed at this time, but parks and trails are still available for outdoor exercise. When using our parks or trails, please continue to practice social distancing, good personal hygiene and refrain from gatherings to 10 or more. JacksonvilleNC.gov/Coronavirus
Shelter Reservations being cancelled through April 30 3/30/2020
If you have a shelter reservation during the month of April, we will be contacting you to issue you a full refund. If you would like to contact us, you can do so by calling 910 938-5312. We will reopen shelter reservations once all mandates issued by the state have expired. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and we look forward to seeing you this summer!
Dayz Out Child Care Program for Essential Personnel 3/25/2020
The Jacksonville Recreation & Parks Department will be offering a Dayz Out Program for those considered "essential personnel" beginning on Monday, April 6 for children ages 6-11. This program will consist of 3 two-week sessions and you submit an application to be considered. The cost of the program is $80 per session, per child.
- Application for acceptance into the Dayz Out Program for Essential Personnel (please submit one application for each child)
- Applications will be accepted beginning Thursday, March 26 at 8:30AM, until Wednesday, April 1 at 5PM.
- Hours of the program are 9AM-5PM and we ask that you send a lunch and two snacks each day for each child.
- Location for the program will be the Jacksonville Commons Recreation Center at 100 Recreation Lane.
- Other locations may be added and will be determined on an as needed basis.
- Session Dates:
- April 6-17
- April 20-May 1
- May 4-15
- Payment for session one is due at the time of acceptance and registration, with registration being made for subsequent sessions via our online portal.
- You must apply in order to be considered for the program and space is limited.
- Please call our Administration office at 910-938-5312 for any questions or additional information.
Youth Athletic Leagues Postponed until May 15 3/26/2020
Due to the closing of schools until May 15 by Governor Cooper, we have decided to postpone all of our youth athletic leagues until that time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 910 938-5312 or by email at Recreation1@jacksonvillenc.gov.
Before/After School and Track Out Programs 3/25/2020
In light of Onslow County Schools being closed until May 15, we will not be billing or collecting payment for the before/after school or track out programs we offer.
- All current participants will remain enrolled in the program and once school is back in session we will resume an adjusted billing schedule.
- No action is required of you at this time. As always, if you have any questions, please call us at 910-938-5312.
Holidayz Out Program for Spring Break 3/25/2020
This program is being cancelled and full refunds are being issued to those who were registered. Your refund will be sent in the same form that it was received; so if you paid with cash/check you will receive a check in 7-10 business days and if you paid by credit/debit card, your refund will be credit to that same card in 3-5 business days.