- Mayor & City Council
- One City, Our City, My City
One City, Our City, My City
"The One City, Our City, My City campaign is something we all can be involved in whether you live in Jacksonville or not. It simply asks you to participate in caring about your neighbor, about open lines of communication, about treating others with respect. It’s about listening to different points of view and tolerance. It’s a time to apply our convictions and faith to our actions in the community."
"We’ve all seen on the national level how divisive these times can be. For Jacksonville, we want to show how together we can be. How we can care about each other. I’m asking all to join in this campaign for a new civil society. One of tolerance, caring and action. One City, Our City, My City." Jacksonville Mayor, Sammy Phillips
Jacksonville's One City initiative began in 2017 to further enforce that Jacksonville is a Caring Community and as a result of meetings with members of the City’s faith community and Jacksonville Mayor Sammy Phillips. The initial discussions centered around the need for tolerance, understanding and civility was discussed. We hope you will join in this campaign to build Jacksonville as One City, Our City, My City. Identify actions that you, your congregation, group or neighborhood can do to make us One City.
Promote Respect, Caring and Tolerance in Your Community
One City Moments
Jacksonville City Council and City Advisory Committees share "One City Moments" during their regularly scheduled meetings, most of which air on G10TV and g10tv.org.
Here you will see examples of what your local community is accomplishing with One City in mind.
Share Your One City Moment
Email us with your One City ideas or Moments.
One City, Our City, My City Faith Committee Members
- Mayor Sammy Phillips - email the Mayor
- Pastor Jason Brinker
- Rev James Brown
- Rev Joel Churchwell
- Rev Dr Amy Spann Ciceron
- Mrs Climetine Clayburn
- Mr Frank Clayburn
- Pastor Will Jones
- Pastor Kenneth Lester
- Col Grover Lewis, III
- Apostle Aubrey G Mullen, Jr
- Evangelist Isaiah Owens
- Pastor Chris Phillips
- Bishop Will Smith
- Pastor Ron Stribling
- Apostle Brenda Vega
In the News
- June 4, 2020 - Mayor Sammy Phillips responds to the police-involved death of George Floyd in Minneapolis by making a declaration against racism and injustice. Download the Declaration l Facebook Announcement
- June 1, 2020 - Jacksonville Police with Mayor Sammy Phillips and the One City Faith Committee hold a prayer service for unity following national unrest. Photo gallery l YouTube Video
- August 2018 - One City Campaign recognized by National League of Cities with City Cultural Diversity Award l YouTube video
- July 21, 2017 - One City Campaign Kick off Announcement l YouTube Video