- City Services
- Building Inspections
The City of Jacksonville's Building Inspections Division enforces certain minimum standards pursuant to the North Carolina Building Code. The purpose of having these minimum standards are to ensure the public's health and general welfare through structural strength, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, and safety to life and property from fire, hurricane, and other hazards attributed to the built environment. Inspections to ensure the minimum standards are met typically occur during alteration, repair, removal, demolition, use, and occupancy of buildings, structures or premises.
The Building Inspections Division also regulates the installation and maintenance of all electrical, gas, mechanical and plumbing systems, which may be referred to as service systems. The provisions in the North Carolina Building code shall be deemed to supplement any and all State laws of the State of North Carolina relating to building. The Inspectors are ready to help assist you through the building/inspections process.
Getting Your Project Inspected
All required inspections must be approved in the appropriate order before a Certificate of Occupancy is issued. You can schedule your inspections using one of the following methods:
- Schedule online using Click2Gov.
- Request an inspection via email.
- Stop by the Planning & Permitting office located within City Hall at 815 New Bridge Street in Jacksonville.
- Call the Planning & Permitting office at 910 938-5232
- After prompted, press 1 to schedule, cancel or check an inspection status
- Press 4 to speak with a building inspector pertaining to your project