The Skate Park is located at the Jacksonville Commons Recreation Complex. There is no admission charge to the skate park. Participants must adhere to safety rules before entering the skatepark.
Skate Park Hours
*updated Sept 20, 2017
|Saturday||10 AM - 9 PM|
|Sunday||1 PM - 6 PM|
All skateboarding participants must wear a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and appropriate clothing at all times while in the skate park. All BMX riders are required to wear a helmet at all times while in the skate park. No exceptions.
Skate Park Rules and Regulations
- All Skaters/Razor Scooters/BMX Bike/In Line Skaters must have a registration/waiver form signed and on file. (You may obtain a registration/waiver for at the Recreation & Parks Admin office, 100 Recreation Lane).
- For participants under the age of 18 years old, parent/guardian must sign form in person.
- All Skaters/Razor Scooters/BMX Bike/In Line Skaters must wear safety equipment at all times.
- Skaters/Razor Scooters must wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads.
- BMX Bike Riders must wear a helmet.
- In-Line Skaters must wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads.
- Participants should always check the condition of their gear to make sure it is in safe working order.
- The Skate Park is a skate at your own risk facility, designed for skateboarding, razor scooters, in-line skating and BMX Biking only. No motorized vehicles or other wheeled devices allowed within the Skate Park. No Exceptions!!
- Skateboards, Razor Scooters, Inline Skates and BMX Riders are allowed in designated areas only. No skating/BMX Riding/In-Line Skating or Razor Scooters in the parking lots or on the sidewalks.
- No personal Ramps permitted.
- Skating/Razor Scooters/BMX/In-Line Skating permitted only during designated hours. After hour trespassers may be prosecuted and participation privileges revoked.
- The park is limited to 60 patrons.
- No chewing gum in the Skate Park, food or beverage or glass in the skate area
- No alcohol, controlled substances or weapons on property.
- No smoking, profanity, graffiti, or fighting.
- All Patrons must abide by staff instructions at all times.
- No one is allowed inside the Skate Park without a waiver on file for the current year. No animals.
- Patrons will dress appropriately.
- Participants may not enter the park with any medical apparatus such as a cast or splint.
- The City of Jacksonville and Jacksonville Recreation and Parks reserves the right to change the park schedule as necessary.
- Skate Park will be closed for the following:
- Heat: Temperature or Heat Index above 105 degrees
- Cold: Temperature or Wind Chill below 35 degrees
- Management Discretion
Report any broken equipment, loose screws or unsafe conditions to the skate park management immediately. May result in park being closed for repairs.
Reckless or dangerous participants will be requested to leave the skating area and the premises immediately.
All injuries, whether major or minor in nature, are to be reported to the management immediately. In case of serious injury, do not move the injured person and all Skate/BMX Bike/in-line skating/Razor Scooters on that ramp shall cease immediately.
Lock personal belongings in your car or leave them at home. The City of Jacksonville is not responsible for stolen or lost items.
Please Note: Although the park is monitored by the attendant, it is impossible to monitor the flow of traffic, and the behavior of the participants in every area of the park at all times. Ultimate responsibility for the smooth flow of all patrons, and a safe environment, relies on strict adherence to the above rules and regulations by participants. Separate areas for patrons are not provided. Violation of any of the rules may result in expulsion from the skateboard park or suspension of the patrons privileges. Supervisor on duty will have the authority to revoke skating privileges of participants who do not abide by the rules.