- City Services
- Online Mapping
- Online Mapping Program
Online Mapping Program
Welcome to the City of Jacksonville’s Online Mapping program. Please read this page before using the the City of Jacksonville Online Mapping website.
- Please turn off your pop-up blocker to experience the full functionality at this site.
- To optimize the online mapping program, please set your computer monitor resolution to 800 x 600 or higher.
- This application is best viewed by using Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 5.5 or higher. The ITS staff have not tested this application with any other browser types.
- First time users are encouraged to read the Help Tutorial, located by clicking the "?" button in the program, before using the online mapping application.
- Please be aware that certain browser toolbar buttons, i.e., refresh, back, and forward will not work with this application. You will need to use the online mapping application tools to perform these tasks.
- While the City of Jacksonville strives to make this online mapping application available at all times, please be aware that the application can be down at times for upgrades and data maintenance.
- The Online Mapping application will work with current dial-up speeds, however the user should be aware that certain functions and drawing times will take longer. Please be patient. Application performance can be increased through the use of broadband access available from local telecommunication providers.
To start Online Mapping, please read and agree to the disclaimer:
The City of Jacksonville acquires, develops, maintains and uses GIS data in support of its internal business functions and the public services it provides. The GIS data which the City of Jacksonville distributes and to which it provides access may not be suitable for other purposes or uses. It is the requestor’s responsibility to verify any information derived from the GIS data before making any decisions or taking any actions based on the information.
The City of Jacksonville shall not be held liable for any errors in the GIS data. This includes errors of omission, commission, errors concerning the content of the data, and relative and positional accuracy of the data. Source information used for these data may have been collected at different scales, times, or definitions, resulting in inconsistencies among features. Primary sources from which these data were compiled must be consulted for verification of information contained in the data. The City of Jacksonville assumes no legal responsibility for this information.
This data has been developed using public funds. The data is therefore in the public domain. Requestors agree that they will not sell this data, will not sell access to the data, nor will they provide for such to be sold except as allowed in NC General Statutes Chapter 132. As a condition of providing electronic GIS data, the City of Jacksonville reserves the right to require that the data requester agree in writing that the data will not be resold or otherwise used for trade or commercial purposes.
We welcome your comments regarding this application. Please send feedback via email.