How to Register
You may register in person at the elections office, the Department of Motor Vehicles, or any Onslow County public library. You may also register by mail. A voter registration form may be picked up at any library, or at the elections office. Your Onslow County voter registration will permit you to vote in national, state, and county elections. View more details on types of identification, when to register, and other voting information.
Qualifications to Vote
- You are a US citizen.
- You are 18 years of age, or will be by the next general election.
- A person who is at least 16 but will not be 18 by the next election may preregister to vote and be automatically registered upon reaching the age of eligibility.
- You are a resident of Onslow County and have been so for at least the 30 days before an election.
- You have your rights of citizenship.
- If you have been convicted of a felony you have lost these rights. You must complete your probation and/or parole in order to have them restored and be eligible to register or re-register.