My Utility Bill
COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program: The City of Jacksonville recognizes that the COVID-19 Pandemic and the restrictions on public gatherings and closure of non-essential places of employment have created a financial hardship on our Citizens. In response and with the support of HUD (US Dept of Housing & Urban Development), the City has established a COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program. To read the qualifications or to fill out the online form, click here.
The City of Jacksonville utility services covers water, sewer, landfill, and stormwater fees. Monthly charges are listed as:
- Sanitation: Residential/Small Business Collection and Disposal Fee
- Stormwater fee: Permits for management of stormwater as regulated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Water and sewer
Jacksonville offers easy ways for you to pay your utility bill. Payment for your utility bill is accepted:
- Automatic bank withdrawal: Choose your own draft date with credit card or echeck auto pay. Enroll now at our Customer Portal.
- By mail: Through the mail, use the return envelope with the address provided:
City Hall / Utilities Billing
P.O. Box 128
Jacksonville, NC 28541-0128
- By phone: Call 910 938-5248. Please have billing information available when you call.
- Drop box: A drop box is available at City Hall for after-hours payment and will be applied the next business day.
- In person: You may pay your bill using the drive-up window at:
City Hall / Utilities Billing
815 New Bridge Street
Jacksonville, NC 28541
- Online: Online Bill Pay now offers customers the option to automate monthly payments!
- Pay at Payment Center: Another convenient way for you to pay is at a fee payment center. There may be a fee associated with paying and it could take a few days for us to receive payment, but it may be worth the convenience for you. Examples of local fee payment centers are Zip Express and Walmart.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash: In person payments
- Check: Subject to verification and $25 service fee for returned checks
- Credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
- Money order
We offer a few different billing options for your convenience. Go green by enrolling in ebill or increase your notifications by opting for an ebill and text notifications each month. You can add an option or modify your account at any time by enrolling in our Customer Portal.
The City utilizes an automated phone system that has the ability to call our past due customers with reminders about balances and due dates. Be sure to keep your phone number updated with us so that you receive these phone calls if a due date slips by. Give us a call at 910 938-5248 to update by phone or send us an email requesting that we update your information.
Water Conservation Kit
Bring your latest bill to City Hall and receive a free water conservation kit for your home.
Utility Customers receive a Monthly Insert in their printed bill envelope. Information includes important governmental messages, area events programs and services. Access the digital versions of the Monthly Insert here.