Keeping Jacksonville Clean & Green
Jacksonville Sanitation collects household trash weekly. To help us serve you better, please follow these guidelines:
- Containers should be placed no more than 3 feet from the curb with arrows facing the street.
- Dried paint cans with lids removed are acceptable. Try mixing sand or dirt into the paint can to help dry remaining paint.
- Double bag disposable diapers, pet litter, and animal fecal waste in plastic bags.
- Separate household garbage and yard waste into different containers.
- The following items are not acceptable: dirt, gasoline, wet paint, flammable liquids, caustic substances, hot coals, solvents, explosives, and dead animals.
Each household is issued a 96-gallon waste container. If you are a new or current resident and need a container, please call 910 938-5338 to acquire a City-issued container for household trash. Containers should be placed at the curb by 7:30 AM on day of service.
Hazardous Household Waste
It is very important to dispose of hazardous waste properly. To find out how to dispose of your hazardous household materials, visit the Hazardous Materials page.
Heavy and bulk items may be assessed a fee for collection. The City does have a set out limit for large piles and bulk items. See the bulk items page for additional information.
Commercial Trash Collection
The City offers two types of commercial business services:
- Commercial dumpster service
- Small business service
To determine the type of service appropriate for your business, call 910 938-5338.