Facility & Park Rentals
Recreation and Parks has a lot to offer! There are many facilities, shelters, and other spaces available for the public to rent throughout the city for large and small activities. The City permits the rental of facilities to individuals, organizations, and groups for sports and other events, meetings, and family gatherings.
How To Set Up a Rental
Want more information about a particular facility?
If you would like more information about a particular facility, simply visit our Facilities page to obtain more details.
Want to rent a facility such as a recreation center?
Please read, complete and return the Facility Rental Application & Agreement (PDF). Problem opening this document? Call 938-5312 and request to have us send it via email.
Interested in renting or getting more information about an athletic field?
Please call 910 938-5268 to confirm availability and receive more information about the rental fees and regulations.
Want to rent a Park Shelter?
No form is necessary, simply visit our Facilities page to make your request online. A member of the Administration staff will contact you to confirm your request.
Please read and fill out and return the Special Events Permit Application. The form must be signed by the legally responsible party. A special event is an activity with an attendance of more than 100 people. Examples of special events include but are not limited to fundraisers, jamborees, and festivals.
Rules & Regulations
Park Shelters operated by the Recreation and Parks Department are available for use when no conflicts arise with the Department's organized leagues or programs. Persons using any of these park shelters will be expected to follow the rules and regulations set forth by the Jacksonville Recreation and Parks Department. No refunds will be issued for picnic shelter reservations. In order to reschedule an available picnic shelter due to inclement weather one must call the Administrative Office within three working days of the original reservation. These rules include but are not limited to the following:
- All organizations, groups, and individuals will be responsible for any damages that occur while they are using the park shelter. All organizations, groups, and individuals will be responsible for cleanup of the premises immediately following their use each day. Failure to abide by these rules will affect future use of recreation facilities.
- The use of city property to sell merchandise or to charge admission for an event is prohibited without the prior approval of the Recreation and Parks.
- Bounce houses, water slides or inflatables are not permitted at any time in city parks.
- Keep the parks clean! Please use trash receptacles.
- Please extinguish all grill fires and coals.
- Pets must be on a leash not to exceed six feet, unless posted otherwise.
- Motorized vehicles are restricted to roadways and parking lots.
- Washing and repairs to motorized vehicles is prohibited.
- The public use and/or display of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- The possession and/or use of drugs are prohibited.
- The possession and/or use of firearms, weapons, and fireworks are prohibited.
- Amplified music and sounds are prohibited without a permit from the Jacksonville Police Department. Refer to the Sound Ordinance.
- Organizations, groups, or individuals wishing to use these park shelters should contact the Recreation and Parks Department and request a park reservation. Reservations can be made no more than 12 months out from the current calendar date unless prior approval is received from the Recreation and Parks department.