Planning, Permitting Applications and Checklists
An upgrade to the electronic plan review system for the City of Jacksonville will take place during the second weekend of July. New and improved features are being added to Eplan for your convenience. As a result of the upgrade, the current system will be offline from 5PM Friday July 12 to 8AM Monday, July 15, 2019.
During this time Eplan will be unavailable and you should refrain from trying to use the system. If the upgrade occurs faster, or if there are any changes, we will let you know via the eplan system wide email. To make the best use of the new software, a new user’s manual will also be available. Some of the highlights for the revised Eplan 9.1 are: Updated HTML5 Viewer, more intuitive – less steps, improved usability, better search and filtering, improved user upload & task complete step, additional system reports, and viewer customization.
This inconvenience is unavoidable as we seek to keep Eplan up-to-date and available to you as a reliable interface with City of Jacksonville services.
Please Note - As of June 22, 2017, the Planning & Inspections office, 815 New Bridge Street, City Hall, will be closed on Thursdays from 10:30 AM - Noon for an all staff meeting. Please feel free to email us or leave a voice message and we will get back to you as soon as we are back in the office.
Board of Adjustment Applications
Building and Trade Permits
Click on the link for the application needed for permit. Save the document on your computer, type into the form and save again. Then attach into an email and email to email@example.com. For those applications needing additional paperwork, please to the permitting specialist.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
- Change of Contractor/Sub-Contractor (PDF)
- Change out of Hot Water Heaters/Mechanical Units for Heating & Air (PDF)
- Commercial Hood System Permit (PDF)
- Driveway Permit (PDF)
- Electrical Permit (PDF)
- Eligible Facility (PDF)
- Express Plan Review (PDF)*
- Fuel Piping Permit (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit (PDF)
- Mobile Home Setup (PDF)
- Non-Standard Plan Review (PDF)*
- Pools/Spas/Hot Tubs - Barrier Disclaimer (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit (PDF)
- Request for Revisions on Previously Approved Plans (PDF)
- Small Cell Wireless
- Special Request Inspection (PDF)
- Zoning Permit (PDF)
*For the Non-Standard and Express Plan Reviews, these are used in the event the contractor has not been selected, site plan is not approved or to expedite plan review. Please call our office if you are not sure which application to use. Once these reviews are complete, an application from the general contractor is needed to finish the permitting process.
Sign Permit Applications
Home Based Applications
- View Fee Schedule in City Finance
Fire & Emergency Services
- Home Addition Checklist (PDF)
- New Home or Accessory Building / Pool Survey Checklist (PDF) (greater than 1,000 square feet)
- Appendix B - 2018 Code (PDF)
- Mobile Home Park Expansion by one lot (PDF)
- Mobile Home Replacement in Existing Mobile Home Park (PDF)
- Residential Accessory Checklist (PDF) (less than 1,000 square feet)
- Plot Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Exempt Subdivision Plat Checklist (PDF)
- Deck or Porch Checklist (PDF)
- New Business in Previously Built Buildings Service Guide (PDF)
- Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan Preliminary Review Checklist (PDF)
- Obtain a copy of the Manual of Specifications, Standards, and Design (MSSD) from the Public Services Department.
To schedule inspections, please call (910) 938-5232 and select Option 1 or email the permitting specialist. For questions pertaining to building codes, select Option 3. For flood, CAMA, erosion control or zoning questions, select Option 2. To speak with a building inspector, select Option 4 and listen/select option of the inspector you are calling for.
Architects, engineers or surveyors wishing to submit plans electronically: In order to submit electronically, an application along with a plan review fee will need to be submitted. Once the application is entered and the fee has been processed, an email will generate an invitation to upload plans to our ePlan website. Please list on the application the first and last name of the person who will be uploading the plans along with their email address. View more information on ePlan. Please call Pam Ramsey or Candace Batschelet
at (910) 938-5232 Option #1 with questions.