Planning, Permitting Applications and Checklists
Please Note - The Planning & Inspections office, 815 New Bridge Street, City Hall, will be closed on Thursdays from 10:30 AM - Noon for an all staff meeting. Please feel free to email us or leave a voice message and we will get back to you as soon as we are back in the office.
Board of Adjustment Applications
Building and Trade Permits
Click on the link for the application needed for permit. Save the document on your computer, type into the form and save again. Then attach into an email and email to email@example.com. For those applications needing additional paperwork, please to the permitting specialist.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
- Change of Contractor/Sub-Contractor (PDF)
- Change out of Hot Water Heaters/Mechanical Units for Heating & Air (PDF)
- Commercial Hood System Permit (PDF)
- Driveway Permit (PDF)
- Electrical Permit (PDF)
- Eligible Facility (PDF)
- Express Plan Review (PDF)*
- Fuel Piping Permit (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit (PDF)
- Mobile Home Setup (PDF)
- Non-Standard Plan Review (PDF)*
- Pools/Spas/Hot Tubs - Barrier Disclaimer (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit (PDF)
- Request for Revisions on Previously Approved Plans (PDF)
- Small Cell Wireless
- Special Request Inspection (PDF)
- Zoning Permit (PDF)
*For the Non-Standard and Express Plan Reviews, these are used in the event the contractor has not been selected, site plan is not approved or to expedite plan review. Please call our office if you are not sure which application to use. Once these reviews are complete, an application from the general contractor is needed to finish the permitting process.
Sign Permit Applications
- Food Vendor (Truck) Permit
- Protest Petition (PDF)
- Zoning Verification (PDF)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (PDF)
Home Based Applications
- View Fee Schedule in City Finance
Fire & Emergency Services
- Home Addition Checklist (PDF)
- New Home or Accessory Building / Pool Survey Checklist (PDF) (greater than 1,000 square feet)
- Appendix B - 2018 Code (PDF)
- Mobile Home Park Expansion by one lot (PDF)
- Mobile Home Replacement in Existing Mobile Home Park (PDF)
- Residential Accessory Checklist (PDF) (less than 1,000 square feet)
- Plot Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Exempt Subdivision Plat Checklist (PDF)
- Deck or Porch Checklist (PDF)
- New Business in Previously Built Buildings Service Guide (PDF)
- Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan Preliminary Review Checklist (PDF)
- Obtain a copy of the Manual of Specifications, Standards, and Design (MSSD) from the Public Services Department.
To schedule inspections, please call 910 938-5232 and select Option 1 or email the permitting specialist. For questions pertaining to building codes, select Option 3. For flood, CAMA, erosion control or zoning questions, select Option 2. To speak with a building inspector, select Option 4 and listen/select option of the inspector you are calling for.
Architects, engineers or surveyors wishing to submit plans electronically: In order to submit electronically, an application along with a plan review fee will need to be submitted. Once the application is entered and the fee has been processed, an email will generate an invitation to upload plans to our ePlan website. Please list on the application the first and last name of the person who will be uploading the plans along with their email address. View more information on ePlan. Please call Pam Ramsey or Candace Batschelet at 910 938-5232, Option #1 with questions.