Codes, Zoning & Other Regulations
The city reviews plans and all technical data by utilizing the following codes:
- 2009 International Code Council (ICC) American National Standard Institute (ANSI) 117.1
- 2012 North Carolina Administrative Code and Policies
- 2012 North Carolina Building Code
- 2012 North Carolina Mechanical Code
- 2012 North Carolina Plumbing Code
- 2012 North Carolina Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 North Carolina Fire Prevention Code
- 2012 North Carolina Fuel Piping Code
- 2012 North Carolina Rehabilitation Code
- 2012 North Carolina Residential Building Code
- National Electrical Code 2014 Edition
- North Carolina Regulation for Manufactured Homes 2004 Edition
Jacksonville has adopted provisions to ensure the health, safety and welfare of its Citizens. These provisions are included in the City Code.
Development Agreement Ordinance
The city has adopted standards and procedures for entering into development agreements (PDF) for long-term, large-scale developments.
Manual of Specifications Standards and Design (MSSD)
The city has adopted specifications and details that explain the construction process and establish the minimum acceptable guidelines for construction of municipal streets, drainage systems, utilities, and their appurtenances. The MSSD is available on CD-ROM and can be obtained by one of the following methods: 1) Stop by the Engineering Division located within City Hall; 2) Call the Engineering Division at 910 938-5233; or 3) Send your request via email
Look up property zoning:
Unified Development Ordinance
The City of Jacksonville's Unified Development Ordinance regulates development processes, permitted uses, setbacks, landscaping, parking requirements and the division and recombination of land, among other things.
UDO - This document is available to view by downloading the pdf, or you may stop by City Hall at 815 New Bridge Street in Jacksonville
Administrative Manual (PDF) (This document accompanies the UDO by outlining polices and procedures including submittal processes and requirements) Last updated: 8/28/14